• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kodak camera (1 Viewer)

Sandra (Taylor)

Can anyone help my friend please. He has a problem with his camera that isn't on the trouble-shooting pages. I'll reproduce his comments here:

"It is a Kodak M1033 HD 10 megapixels. The problem is that when I try to switch it on (by pushing the power button) I get a message on the screen saying ‘Date and time has been reset’ which stays on for about 1 – 2 seconds, and then the camera switches off.

I have replaced the battery for a new one, on restarting the message stays on screen and allows you to reset the date and time, but when you come to push the OK button the camera switches off and reverts to the same problem when repowering ie switches off after a second.

I’ve looked on the Kodak website, but this fault is not listed.... "

He goes on to say not to go to much trouble because it's only a £60 camera.

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Sandra

The only comment I have found that doesn't tell you to do what you have already done is this rather cryptic statement. Not sure if this gets you any further.

'After some really frustrating hours on Internet I managed to solve the problem myself. 1.Connect the camera to your PC and let it charge. 2.Switch on the camera and let it be detected by the PC. 3.Pull the USB out while you leave the camera switched on. 4.Put the camera on preview mode (the triangle |>) 5. now you can reset.'

Link http://www.answers.com/Q/How_to_reset_Kodak_m1033_camera

The only other thought is to try a 5v power source in the external power jack and see if it works without the battery and then switch back. Get the cheapest compatible 5v source rather than try and find the right one. Start up problems with this camera seem to have been relatively common.

Last edited:
The only comment I have found that doesn't tell you to do what you have already done is this rather cryptic statement. Not sure if this gets you any further.

'After some really frustrating hours on Internet I managed to solve the problem myself. 1.Connect the camera to your PC and let it charge. 2.Switch on the camera and let it be detected by the PC. 3.Pull the USB out while you leave the camera switched on. 4.Put the camera on preview mode (the triangle |>) 5. now you can reset.'

The only other thought is to try a 5v power source in the external power jack and see if it works without the battery and then switch back. Get the cheapest compatible 5v source rather than try and find the right one. Start up problems with this camera seem to have been relatively common.

Thanks for that reply. I'll pass on right away to my friend as you have written it.

Sandra

My friend has tried all you suggested and nothing has worked, but he really appreciates the trouble you've gone to to try and help0. Thanks again.

Sandra

Sorry it didn't work, but glad to try to help.

Unfortunately fixing modernish cameras often ends up this way. In accepting the occasional 'challenge' in the past I have found everything from cracked circuit boards, poor soldering, fried components, corroded switches to just plain dead.

Sometimes you can work the miracle, but often its down to finding a similar scrap camera at a car boot sale and doing a transplant. Unfortunately in the case of your friends camera, the chief problem seems to have been start up in most cases so that possibility is also a non-runner.

Anyway its always worth asking on this forum as someone may have an answer.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back