• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another corvid curiousity (1 Viewer)

Ruff

Two birds in one.
A news story from western Canada; there are links on the original page that are worth viewing, including the featured video.

I'm fond of crows and ravens myself, but normally they don't let people in closer than a hundred metres, at least not here in Eastern Canada.

Infamous Vancouver crow and Canada Post worker are 'super cool' pals

Canuck the crow begrudgingly befriends mail carrier

A crow well known for headline-making exploits became friends with a Canada Post carrier, but only after being bribed.

Jeff Lagerquist, CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Saturday, April 14, 2018 3:40PM EDT

An East Vancouver postal worker won’t have to worry about run-ins with dogs now that a new animal friend has his back.

After a combative introduction, Canuck the crow had a change of heart and started palling around with Tyler McLeod. The mail carrier for Canada Post is glad the brazen bird is firmly on his side after his aggressive antics halted deliveries to three addresses last spring.

“I would walk up the stairs, and he would caw, caw, caw,” McLeod told CTV Vancouver on Friday, flapping his arms like wings. “I was getting scratched, pecked every day. He was dive-bombing onto my mail and blasting mail everywhere.”

Related Stories

Ruffling feathers: Feisty crow assaults mail carrier, prompting mail hiatus

Canuck the crow flies off with knife from crime scene in Vancouver

Canuck the crow causes kerfuffle at Vancouver McDonald's

Canuck crow
How did McLeod win over his new avian ally? A bag of peanuts in his mail sack did the trick.

The city’s infamous crow is best known for snatching a knife from a crime scene. He also recently ruffled feathers at a local McDonald’s, was photographed on the SkyTrain, and earned a wage at Pacific National Exhibition. He’s even starred in an art exhibit.

How did McLeod win over his new avian ally? A bag of peanuts in his mail sack did the trick.

“I think a peanut is my salvation,” he said. “That’s where it all kind of took off and he started being super cool.”

Now the pair makes deliveries together. Canuck even likes to sit shotgun in McLeod’s van.

“You wanna come with me bro? Deliver this mail?,” he said to his friend perched on his shoulder.

McLeod wonders if Canuck’s temperament is changing because he found love.

“Oh dude, it’s the love birds,” he said, spotting Canuck and his new nest mate.

McLeod has one request if they start a family.

“I really hope that they name one peanut,” he said. “That would be cool.”

With a report from CTV Vancouver’s Shannon Paterson

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/infam...ada-post-worker-are-super-cool-pals-1.3885362

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back