Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Padley Gorge and pied flycatchers

Old Wednesday 2nd July 2008, 15:01   #1
Pete Mella
Getting there...

Padley Gorge and pied flycatchers

If the weather's any good (a big if if the weather forecast's anything to go by!) I think I'll have a look up to Padley Gorge on Saturday.

I've not beed before so don't really know the area, so has anyone got any tips for finding pied flycatchers there?

Pete.
Old Thursday 29th January 2009, 14:33   #2
Birdbox
staringin2thevoid

I was just passing and wondered how you got on all that time ago? Any info now would be a bit late in the day! I guess you found your way around, though I suspect Pied Flies were hard to find in July - once out of the nest the young and their parents go into the canopy and can be difficult to see.

May is the classic time - our visit this year yielded two pairs (look for the nest boxes), two pairs of Redstart and three singing male Wood Warblers. Spotted Fly was conspicuous by it's absence but Whinchats and Tree Pip could be found on the moorland just above the gorge ... not to mention the tourists in their fine pastel plumage.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: