• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Australia Birding (South Australia & Queensland) (1 Viewer)

schiffornis

AWBirder
I've finally got round to putting my Australia Birding Trip Report together from my November 2014 trip (just in time for my next trip back out there in October!).

Australia is a great birding destination, I spent 17 days in South Australia and covered a large distance in that time with some great birds seen. I then spent 12 days in Queensland (first south, then north). Some highlights included: Southern Cassowary, Buff-breasted Paradise-Kingfisher, Scarlet-chested Parrot, Inland Dotterel, Gibberbird, Regent, Golden and Satin Bowerbirds, Little Penguin and an assortment of grasswrens, emu-wrens, honeyeaters and a myriad of awesome parrots.

In addition to the 435 species of birds I recorded there was also 40 species of mammals and 40 species of reptiles to keep me occupied!

My trip report/species lists is here: http://awbirder.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/australia-trip-report.html

(NB - I think it should open without having to sign into anything - just click on where it says 'Australia 2014 Birding Trip Report', which should open it in a new tab, or you can read it within the blog - any problems let me know!).

At the bottom of the trip report there are also links to some of my other trip reports such as Lativa, Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, Costa Rica etc...

Cheers, Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back