Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

PiPit ID

Old Friday 11th October 2019, 10:34   #1
Shahrzad
Where bird is, life is also

PiPit ID

Not sure it can be a pipit and which?

We saw it around a wetland that had dried (10 Oct. 2019)

35.935973, 50.445399
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5237.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	707281  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5238.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	385.5 KB
ID:	707282  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5232.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	416.8 KB
ID:	707283  

Trust yourself, then you will know how to live. "Goethe"
Old Friday 11th October 2019, 10:36   #2
PYRTLE

Quick first impression is a Pipit, Tawny perhaps.
Old Saturday 12th October 2019, 06:37   #3
rollingthunder

Same for me - build and leggy proportions looks Tawny.....esque!

Laurie -
Old Saturday 12th October 2019, 07:37   #4
Shahrzad

Many thanks all for your comments.

Old Saturday 12th October 2019, 07:53   #5
rollingthunder

Shahrzad - as a bit of a morale booster we made a wartime film about a pair of Tawny Pipits that ‘bred’ in the UK - called.....The Tawny Pipit!

The film was really about keeping secrets, protecting things and the community pulling together, something that was able to push the ‘wartime spirit’ and a feelgood factor following the retreat from Dunkirk. The bird footage is actually Meadow Pipits and the footage taken by Eric Hosking who went on to become the doyen of UK bird photographers and even losing an eye after being attacked by a Tawny.....Owl whilst filming during the breeding season. With the advent of digital cameras and cheap travel we are all ‘Hoskings’ now...

I have posted a Youtube link as it is freely available although whether you can access it in Iran i do not know - i like all sorts of retrospective films particularly in the context of today and location filming is always a must for me in the light of todays CGI and Blue screen technology.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=laBYtnwr8xY

Good birding -

Laurie
Old Saturday 12th October 2019, 08:38   #6
Shahrzad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingthunder View Post
Shahrzad - as a bit of a morale booster we made a wartime film about a pair of Tawny Pipits that ‘bred’ in the UK - called.....The Tawny Pipit!

The film was really about keeping secrets, protecting things and the community pulling together, something that was able to push the ‘wartime spirit’ and a feelgood factor following the retreat from Dunkirk. The bird footage is actually Meadow Pipits and the footage taken by Eric Hosking who went on to become the doyen of UK bird photographers and even losing an eye after being attacked by a Tawny.....Owl whilst filming during the breeding season. With the advent of digital cameras and cheap travel we are all ‘Hoskings’ now...

I have posted a Youtube link as it is freely available although whether you can access it in Iran i do not know - i like all sorts of retrospective films particularly in the context of today and location filming is always a must for me in the light of todays CGI and Blue screen technology.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=laBYtnwr8xY

Good birding -

Laurie
Dear Laurie, I really thank you for your kind attention and explanation about Pipit footage and Eric Hosking who is very respected photography community.I was interested to read more about him.
Yes I agree with you ...we are a new version on Eric Hosking in these days by our cameras and travels ...
Thanks for Youtube link, I can see it by using anti filter.

Be happy
Shahrzad

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: