• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's the weather doing where you are? Aug-Nov 2008 (1 Viewer)

It's been like that up here too Val :-O I'm so pleased we got out early as it started to rain five minutes after we got back home and hasn't really stopped since :smoke:

It is wet here too. I had my walk in the rain this afternoon. Had some shopping so could not avoid it.

Still enjoyed my walk through Bedford Park. Not a sign of the wildfowl except when 2 people came up to feed them and they appeared very quickly. Even they do not like wet weather.
I could only see one Mute Swan not its mate or any of the 5cygnets. Must be sheltering somewhere.
Love seeing the two Pied Wagtails which reside close to my house. They are always flying around making their cute little chatterings as they fly overhead. o:)

In my dreams, Pam! See sunrise thread for the start of the day and guess the rest...it's absolutely hissing down....:-C

If it's any consolation, Wendy, you were not alone with having the rain!o:D Chucked it down here until teatime.

It is a full moon this evening, not much chance of seeing it with all the cloud cover though! It was a bobby dazzler last night!:t:

Brighter today. Feels milder and warmer :t:

Lets hope it gets better still for the weekend. :-O

The full moon was showing well early this morning.

Wasn't it just! I actually saw the sunrise today (pics on appropriate thread!). Moon shot taken at about 07:05.

Mild at 12.5c and brightly overcast after a beautiful sunrise and early morning.

Attachments

• Moon.jpg
    Moon.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 9
Brighter today. Feels milder and warmer :t:

Lets hope it gets better still for the weekend. :-O

The same here earlier this morning, kathy,though it has now gone decidedly chillier! The weekend weather looks promising.:t:

Plenty of birds in the garden today, a small flock of 9 L.T.Tits flew threw the garden this morning and a Wren put in an appearance. Which was nice.

I love the moon shot :t: There's something very special about a clear night and the moon shining bright, isn't there? I often find myself unable to look away from it as it's SO beautiful.

It's been incredibly mild up here in Northumberland today. Dry but slightly windy during daylight hours but now *9.12pm* it's positively howling around outside! :eek!:

The same here earlier this morning, kathy,though it has now gone decidedly chillier! The weekend weather looks promising.:t:

Plenty of birds in the garden today, a small flock of 9 L.T.Tits flew threw the garden this morning and a Wren put in an appearance. Which was nice.

hi Pam

Like you the weather is on the same level here. I hope that there is some brighter weather around as we plan to go to the RSPB at Sandy once more this Sunday.

Lovely collection of birds Pam. My OH would love to see a LTT in our garden. We have had Wrens in our back garden, and they are so cute!.
I always gets mixed up with a Robin and a Wrens alarm call - do you?

Hi Gill

Hope that your weather brightens up soon to go along with your weekend Gill :t:

Awesome Moon pic Kits. :t:

Damp some missle & humid here this evening. Saves on the heating if nothing else!

hi Pam

Like you the weather is on the same level here. I hope that there is some brighter weather around as we plan to go to the RSPB at Sandy once more this Sunday.

Lovely collection of birds Pam. My OH would love to see a LTT in our garden. We have had Wrens in our back garden, and they are so cute!.
I always gets mixed up with a Robin and a Wrens alarm call - do you?

Hi Gill

Hope that your weather brightens up soon to go along with your weekend Gill :t:

Hi Kathy,

The LTT's were in the garden again this morning. A Robin sang his melancholy song, it was still fairly dark so I diidn't see him but it was lovely to hear his song first thing in the morning. A flock of 50+ Fieldfare and Redwing flew fairly low over the garden, so I reckon they are not too far away feeding.

Last night was good...a Fox in the garden!:D

Hope you enjoy your day at Sandy!:t:

Mild and 11c this morning.

Damp, light breeze, broken white cloud with blue sky in between, 9C. There's reports of Waxwings not far away. I think I'll give my red berries a polish, just in case ;).

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back