• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Great Day in the Pyrenees 2019 (1 Viewer)

Back in the land of the French...

A sales trip to orthez meant I could stop at the reserve / never open reserve. The lake is surrounded by hunters and they were in evidence all around. Fortunately birds are safe here provided they don’t fly anywhere!

I was rewarded with a swallow and a house Martin - wow how late are they! Also a black necked grebe in addition to usual birds egrets, pochard etc.

I stopped at Pau on the way back but none of the short eared owls I was hoping for. I did see black shouldered kite and could hear a Leothrix but couldn’t find it...

Onto tarbes and by this time it was getting pretty dark - 17.45. The black shouldered kites were hunting for a last meal - at least 7 of them which is a record for me at this spot. A cracking male hen harrier passed three times and there were three great white egrets...

Great few moments!

This morning the eagle owl was sunning herself - awesome...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back