• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nature's Best Hope: A New Approach to Conservation that Starts in Your Yard (1 Viewer)

Tude

Our local native plant chapter hosted Doug Tallamy for a talk about native plants and birds, it was fantastic and inspiring:

Restoring the Little Things that Run the World https://youtu.be/bF5e-vyKLw0

He also has a new book out "Nature's Best Hope: A New Approach to Conservation that Starts in Your Yard"

A few years ago I set out to create a "food forest" in my little backyard that has turned into a labor of love. I first learned to really love and appreciate the plants, then the soil, then noticed the amazing wildlife that began to call my yard home. Since turning my dead yard into a diverse and living organism, it has amazed me just how quickly all my new friends have moved in. I'm now concentrating on adding more natives to my yard to create a proper ecosystem for the birds that call this area home.

Anyway, I couldn't find any reference to Doug on here, so I thought I would share. There really is so much we as individuals can do, and if we all inspire our neighbors too, we can create our own conservation districts in our own neighborhoods.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back