• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

San Diego IDs (1 Viewer)

viator

Singapore
Another few images from my recent holiday. All taken on the 10th of May, the first two in Balboa Park and the last at Chula Vista Nature Reserve

Attachments

• _DSC0026.jpg
    _DSC0026.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 96
  • _DSC0030.jpg
    _DSC0030.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 86
  • _DSC0049.jpg
    _DSC0049.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 108
I would go with Orange-crowned Warbler for the first two (note broken eye-ring and streaking in the first shot), and Northern Mockingbird for the last.

Best,
Jim

Jim, Orange-crowned Warbler was what I'd thought. On the last shot the only reason I wasn't sure about it being a N Mockingbird was the purple face - the others I saw on the trip didn't have such colouration or the images in my guide book.

Thanks for the help

I think the "purple" in the photo is just a photo artifact. Either way, it is definitely a NOMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back