• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! (1 Viewer)

Hi Dragoon and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome to Birdforum! I'm sure you'll find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi Dragoon, just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum.

Hello From Florida

Glad to be new here! Hoping to spend more time on the Gulf Coast of Florida bird watching and need all the help I can get! I have a question already but will try to find somewhere to post it....but if you know here is the question I found someone else had asked awhile ago. I heard this bird this morning outside my home in Bradenton Florida and can not find the song to match online....
Hi,

New birder here, so please forgive any clumsiness.

I'm trying to ID a bird that I haven't seen yet. I hear it every day at different times.

The call, or song, is distinctive in that it is just one long note lasting 2-3 seconds. It doesn't really vary in pitch but sometimes it does seem to drop to just a bit lower pitch as it tails off.

The bird repeats this the call two or three times. It is very easy to duplicate and the bird does return the call.

Glad to be new here! Hoping to spend more time on the Gulf Coast of Florida bird watching and need all the help I can get! I have a question already but will try to find somewhere to post it....but if you know here is the question I found someone else had asked awhile ago. I heard this bird this morning outside my home in Bradenton Florida and can not find the song to match online....
Hi,

New birder here, so please forgive any clumsiness.

I'm trying to ID a bird that I haven't seen yet. I hear it every day at different times.

The call, or song, is distinctive in that it is just one long note lasting 2-3 seconds. It doesn't really vary in pitch but sometimes it does seem to drop to just a bit lower pitch as it tails off.

The bird repeats this the call two or three times. It is very easy to duplicate and the bird does return the call.

Hi Blanca and welcome to BirdForum! I hope someone can answer your question.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back