• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West Hagley Fields (2 Viewers)

That’s nice to know re: CB:t:

The max i had over on the fields were 4 singing males in May - maybe there were juveniles in that group?

Laurie -

Have been plodding this route for over 40 years, Early August 1975 ( 14 at the time) 30-50 C.B, Yellowhammers , Linnets, seemingly on every bush, hedge and stubble, A few Lapwings in the fields. As a I do when looking back, ignore juvenile enthusiasm/naivety.
Still it is what is.

1 male and 2 Red headed Goosanders on Brake Mill Pool, 5 Skylarks displaying over the fields nr the water pumping station, earlier today.

Just back from looking for Wheatears but no-show. I was however rewarded with a Blue Ribbon bird in the form of a superb female Merlin hunting Skylarks over the County Lane fields. These are West Midlands and with Stourbridge just the other side of the Golf Course this constitutes an excellent urban fringe sighting (y)

I haven't seen a Merlin for 20+ years and never locally so this is both a bonus and boner bird:oops:;)

This morning a Grey Wagtail, flittered from Brake Mill Pool and down the stream. It's been that long that I've forgotten the name of the brook. Wannerton, I think. The hedge and trees have been thinned allowing, at this time of year a few views of the boggy ground above Stakenbridge Pool.
Fields ;North of Brake Lane' busy with walkers.

I ventured around the Bunkers Hill side this morning. There were plenty of Skylarks, Rooks and Chaffinfinches. Spotted about a dozen Yellowhammer, a couple of Wrens, a few Jackdaws, and the usual suspects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back