• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oukaimeden snow cover (1 Viewer)

thomasbarker81

I'll be heading from Marakesh to Oukaimeden at the very beginning of November. I cant find a too much info on potential snow fall around this time.

Does anyone know if snow is likely this early in the season and if so what the road up there is like if there is lots of snow.

Thanks,

Tom

I'd be surprised if the Atlas had any snow fall by early November - I'd guess that it probably only happens "once in a blue moon" at that time. Don't know for sure though ;)

As far as skiing is concerned snow is pretty reliable from January thru late March/April but of course inclement weather could localise things and influence bird movement to lower areas at any time.....

Laurie:t:

Snow in Middle Atlas

This short video from Moroccan TV announces the snowy season (from yesterday). They talked about 10-12 cm of snow in the Middle Atlas Mountains above 1700 m. I know this is neither early November nor in Oukaïmeden, but confirms the early comments and the beautiful landscape worth watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-RmFu392D4

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back