• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spider Catcher (1 Viewer)

Ok, here's my collection of spider catchers.

The one on the left should only be used as a last resort. Not very good at all.

The middle one is very good indeed, and also has the advantage of having a long arm. (not long enough in my opinion). It works by pressing the handle, thus releasing the trigger that opens the bristles over the spider.

The one on the right is a battery operated vacuum catcher. I haven't used this one yet. I only need a few more, then I'll have one in each room :)

Catching Spiders

digi-birder said:
We have one of THESE, although we bought ours from Kleeneze, I think, but we haven't had a catalogue for ages. Not sure if Betterware do them, but you can order one online from the above place.

Even I can use it, and I don't like spiders. Also good for flies, etc.

I had one of those trap door type catchers but they have a habit of trapping legs or wings if you use the trap in a certain way. Not nice for the spider or you!

Check out http://www.spidercatcher.net/ much better and they now do a travel size catcher. Lol

Mike, I agree with you. It's very very rare that I use it. The new one, which acts as a type of vacuum cleaner (the one on the right on the photo) is excellent. I even trapped a hornet not long ago, and released it.

This thread has made me feel very 'manly' indeed as I have no fear of spiders, infact I am quite fond of them and have often been known to help them out of the bath into a safer envoiroment. They are good to have about the house as I'm told they will get rid of less desirable visitors!!:)
Brian.

brianfm said:
This thread has made me feel very 'manly' indeed as I have no fear of spiders, infact I am quite fond of them and have often been known to help them out of the bath into a safer envoiroment. They are good to have about the house as I'm told they will get rid of less desirable visitors!!:)
Brian.
Ahh yes, the "manly" factor. ;)

As much as I'm scared of them, I hate to see them killed and I always (well - ok then - my other half) puts them outside or if I had my way, a mile down the road.

Spiders

helenol said:
As much as I'm scared of them, I hate to see them killed and I always (well - ok then - my other half) puts them outside or if I had my way, a mile down the road.

I just knew you wouldn't kill them Helen. ;) I don't even evict mine just move them around a bit!! Had one in the bathroom for weeks until the plumber called and I moved it to safety. AHHH.

Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back