• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New binoculars from leica (1 Viewer)

Double hinged bino? Looks like a hinge close to the objective lens just behind the little owl's legs? Either that or a 8x32 new trinovid? Intriguing...

Just taking a guess here: I think it is most likely a standard dual hinge/open bridge to compete with SV and SF, but it will be more compact than those two and have wider FOV than traditional Ultravid...probably UV+ level optics just with a wider FOV. We'll find out soon ... maybe some Bird Fair attendees can report back on it here on the forum.

It would be interesting if it has a field flattener. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be much different than an offering to compete with SV and SF. Hope I'm wrong about that. I hope Leica show some specs and the full view soon.

If you put the Google Chrome 3D view filter over it and scroll to the top of the bin you can read 7x32 9.2 (or 9.7 not completely clear) FOV written on the focusser.

Jan

I suspect that was a joke, otherwise I'm hoping the same technology is employed in these new Leica's so that you can filter into bushes to find skulking Asiatic passerines :-O

I suspect that was a joke, otherwise I'm hoping the same technology is employed in these new Leica's so that you can filter into bushes to find skulking Asiatic passerines :-O

If you look at the back of the bin you see a screen slot for a micro card. I assume this bin has the intelligence for what you mean.

Jan

An enhanced view

Regretably no clues engraved on the bins when the image is upgraded.

Lee

Attachments

• A-century-of-knowledge-has-come-to-life-Cinemascope-new_teaser-1200x470.jpg
    A-century-of-knowledge-has-come-to-life-Cinemascope-new_teaser-1200x470.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 282
Here's what a Little Owl told me so far:

They'll give out little plush owl keychains at Bird Fair as a promo piece.

The case is a plush Owl with zipper down its back where you put the bin keeping
it snug and cozy.

It's also a good way to hide it. Burglars will usually ignore the stuffed
animals on your bed while looking for cash, jewelry and electronics.

You can snuggle up each night with your "Leica Little Owl" (official model name).

Lee,

Please grab one of those promo keychains for me.

Also, test the case (forget about the binocular itself)
by snuggling with it and let us know if it's high quality plush or not then please
report your findings here on the forum.

Lee,

Please grab one of those promo keychains for me.

Also, test the case (forget about the binocular itself)
by snuggling with it and let us know if it's high quality plush or not then please
report your findings here on the forum.

GiGi

Your wish is my command but you will have to wait until I get back home. Don't think I should be seen snuggling with a Little Owl (stuffed or not) in public at Bird Fair. :king:

Lee

We will all have to wait until bird fair. Speculate all you want, ( general, not just to Henry), Friday of bird fair looking at the date!!!!!

MAK

If only there was some kind person who knows more and would share it with us poor downtrodden Bird Forum-posters. :-O :-O :-O

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back