• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

tripod for mounting camcorder/telescope simultaneusly (1 Viewer)

Learner

Hi everyone

Good to see a videoscoping forum getting going.I have decided after reading previous threads that I will buy a teleconverter rather than an adapter etc.I have seen several people with telescope and camcorder mounted on same tripod using an extension bar.On talking to the owners they all seemed to be "homemade".My metalwork never even reached "O"level standard(showing my age!).Anyone know if there is a similar product on the market ?

Cheers

Clive

Clive

Good spelling is an over-rated virtue. But I'll be watching this thread as I too fancy such a device.

Dave

Several companies make such a device, if I'm understanding your requirements correctly. Nikon make a 'universal bracket' and Zeiss make a similar device.... both cost £200+. I saw another bracket of similar design in this months Birdwatching mag, sold by ACE of Bath.

I do not know if I made my requirements really clear when I started this thread.To hopefully make it clearer- I want to mount my telescope and camcorder on my tripod seperately.So I can use my telescope normally and have my camcorder alongside with a 1.9 teleconverter on.Camcorder attached to telescope via an adapter is not my intention.Thanks for hints re companies making accessories but I cannot find anything on their sites that matches my needs.

Clive

Ah, I'm with you now
Manfrotto do the 131DD 'macro arm'.... which is a horizontal bar that fits onto your tripod (when you remove the head). The bar has two sliding supports (four if you want) to mount heads upon... In the speedgraphics catalogue they mention as an example using one support for the camera, the other for a scope... price £62.50.
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back