• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fea's or Cape Verde Petrel (1 Viewer)

The entries for Pterodroma feae should be consolidated under "Cape Verde Petrel" as agreed by Howard and Moore and the 2007 edition of Clements, with suitable redirects from Fea's Petrel and Cape Verde Islands Petrel.

(The move function won't do this because it refuses to write over the existing tangle of redirects, so I need some help from a moderator).

Hi jt

I've deleted the Fea's Petrel Re-direct... see how you get on

I couldn't get a result searching for Cape Verde Islands Petrel

D

Hi jt

I've deleted the Fea's Petrel Re-direct... see how you get on

I couldn't get a result searching for Cape Verde Islands Petrel

D

The Fea's Petrel redirect is (or was) fine, as long as it goes to the right place.

It's the redirect from "Cape Verde Petrel" that needs to be zapped because it's preventing me from moving the existing multiple-name entry. Hmm, I suppose I could just copy and paste the existing material from one page to another. Let me give that a try and see if I can sort this.

I think those things are ok to keep as long as they redirect to the right page. I know the move function automatically updates the links throughout opus, but since I had to copy and paste this by hand I might have broken something somewhere.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back