• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Conquest HD 8X42 ER issue (1 Viewer)

SRVD

Hi,

I have recently purchased Zeiss Conquest HD 8X42 from India.

Its a wonderful binocs but I am facing Eye Relief issue. I have tried both with Spects and without Spects. In both the occasion I encountered with black ring around the object. Once I keep the binocs few mm away from my eyes, I manage to get a clear view.

So I have recently returned after one week of trial .

I can see few very old discussion where in some member faced same issue .

I have got few queries:

1. Is this problem still persist with Zeiss Conquest. If any member who has recently purchased the Zeiss Conquest share his/her view, it would be helpful.

2. As mentioned in earlier discussion, if Zeiss is still replacing the existing eye cap with longer eye cap.

Hi,

welcome to birdforum! This is the spotting scope forum - your post is more likely to be read in the binocular forum - maybe a moderator can move it, thanks in advance!

Regarding your question, the black-outs are common without glasses on this model, it's the first time I heard about somebody having the problem with glasses too.

Zeiss is still supplying longer eyecups on request.

Regards,

Joachim

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back