• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Victory DiaScope 65T* FL ER suggesttion (1 Viewer)

SRVD

Dear Member,

I am looking for buying my 1st Spotting Scope. I am exploring Zeiss Victory 65mm Diascope.

I got a feedback that there is some ER issue with the scope at the middle range of magnification. The feedback is:

Quote..... "Zeiss DiaScope's eye relief was good at both the minimum and the maximum magnification, but that it declined in the middle ranges. If you turn the zoom on the Zeiss while wearing eyeglasses, you can see the image circle shrink and then expand again as the eye relief changes."

Can any one suggest if there is actual problem with this scope.

Last edited:
I have the 85mm Diascope with the 25-75x Zoom eyepiece and it has the same characteristic. Eye relief reduces towards the middle of the zoom range then picks up again at the long end.

I'd say this is an engineering function rather than any real problem with the scope itself...

cheers
Jeelan

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back