• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown Jorupe SW Ecuador (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Hello All,
no matter what I look at I find things that does not fit. Any good ideas? One of the other images indicate a pale eye (The closest I can get is a local variant of Rufous-browed Peppershrike ?)

thanks
Niels

Attachments

• Unknown P1110584.JPG
    Unknown P1110584.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Unknown 1b P1110556.jpg
    Unknown 1b P1110556.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 25
Hello All,
no matter what I look at I find things that does not fit. Any good ideas? One of the other images indicate a pale eye (The closest I can get is a local variant of Rufous-browed Peppershrike ?)

thanks
Niels

First is rufous-browed peppershrike, presumably ssp virenticeps. Second photo looks to be another bird (compare the bills for example): not sure what, perhaps a greenlet?

Thanks for the ID!

Regarding the second photo, I am not sure you are right. Try take a look at the bill on these two images which I feel are also RbPS. These are within 8 seconds of the image already uploaded and illustrates the shape of the RbPS when seen from below.

Still disagree?

thanks
Niels

Attachments

• Unknown 1c P1110566.JPG
    Unknown 1c P1110566.JPG
    285.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Unknown 1d P1110567.JPG
    Unknown 1d P1110567.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the ID!

Regarding the second photo, I am not sure you are right. Try take a look at the bill on these two images which I feel are also RbPS. These are within 8 seconds of the image already uploaded and illustrates the shape of the RbPS when seen from below.

Still disagree?

thanks
Niels

OK just a weird angle then

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back