• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digital Projector (1 Viewer)

ptickner

Okay, I'm not really sure where this question should be posted, so I thought this is as good a place as any!

I am looking for input concerning digital projectors for "slideshows". I have done a fair number of either fishing or birding shows in the past couple of years and have always used the projectors provided to me by the group I'm presenting for. Unfortunately this means I'm stuck with what they've got. Do any BFers have any projectors that they prefer or would recommend? I need something better than a 125 lumen PICO projector, but I'm not willing or able to spend thousands. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Like Flat-screen Tvs and all computer stuff digital projectors have evolved in the past years and deliver more for less money with every new generation ....

So I would make a trip to the next BestBuy, Staples or who sells these things and see what is available that fits performance requirements and budget. The $700 range should meet your requirements.

I bought one little over a year ago when they first arrived on the market (for $900, ouch). It's fine for small venue slide shows. Was a little worried about the brightness, but turned out not to be in issue as long as your in a semi-darkened room. Can project jpgs straight from a USB stick, although the max time per image in the slide projection mode is only 60 sec. Was a step up in color and sharpness from my Epson 90EX.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back