• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More Money for EL 12X56 (1 Viewer)

gonz33

Greetings to all, I just asked a question about the models of Swarovski EL 12X50 and the SLC 12X56 model, I am much more clear in the subject of these two, but I have a question, because the model EL 12X50 costs more money than the powerful SLC 15X56. Thank.

Jose.

It's likely that the materials cost slightly more and the time taken to put the components together and test. I liken it to cars. You can get the model from a company but there are different levels - basic, deluxe and top of the range.

The highest end Swarovski model is the EL, then the SLC comes in next. The SLC is available
in some sizes that the EL will not be sold in, so it has a nice place in the lineup of offerings.

This is similar to Zeiss with the Victory and Leica the Noctovid.

They all price the highest model higher. This is about marketing and more.

If looking to purchase, I would first recommend the size you desire, and then pick out a model
after that.

That is good to know with any purchase, not just optics.

ex. you can buy a pair of blue jeans for $10.00 to $100.00, all the same size

Jerry

Thank you for responding to my concern, I want to buy the bigger and better image, sharpness, from what I have read it seems to be the EL model, I like to observe planes and distant sc

place, I have read many positive things about the EL12X50 model This is by my conclusions a powerful binoculars with magnificent vision, very clear and clean, although the power of the SLC 15x56 attracts me for its power, but I do not know that it will be the one that offers me the best and clearest image.

Jose.

I agree with your thoughts, hand held the 12x50 size would be ideal.

And the Swarovski EL is regarded as one of the very best.

Good luck, and let us know how things turn out for you.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back