• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

E-300 & E-1 4/3rds adaptor (1 Viewer)

OdonataMan

United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just quick message to let you all know about a well kept secret by Olympus, it concerns a Olympus 4/3rds adaptor which converts the camera to accept old manual focus OM lenses.

If you telephone customer services and enquire about the cost of this adaptor, explaining you recently purchased your E-300 or E-1, they'll send you the adaptor free of charge as long as you send or e-mail them a copy of the warranty card and the sales receipt.

I doubt Olympus will be too happy about everyone doing this, but I know this works as they have just kindly sent me one FOC. These adaptors have been changing hands on eBay for as much as £65, save £££'s and blag one for free.

P.S. Using the 4/3rds adaptor & a T2/OM mount from Jessops (£11.99 Part No: JEST2MOM), you should be able to attach the camera to most scopes, I know Opticron & Kowa both have telephoto adaptors which connect camera to scope via T2 mounts

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back