• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Ultra Lite 8x42 Roof Prism in Camo??? (1 Viewer)

Graphyfotoz

Nature Photographer
I just scored these off evilbay and they were NIB....stole em :t:
Swift Ultra Lite 8x42 Mod #929G
For the life of me I have searched EVERYWHERE and have never found reference to these being offered in Mossy Oak Camo!!
Green/Grey and Blue but never Camo....what's the story?
Are the some sort of RARE promo or something?

I emailed Swift about em and no answer!

Anyone here have any clue??
I'm completely perplexed over this one!!

Attachments

• i-CgZMwx4-M.jpg
    i-CgZMwx4-M.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
WOW still nothing? :-C
Thought for sure I'd get some answers here.
I might hafta put these in the class with BigFoot and UFO's! 3:)

Is there a date on the packaging? Also check the literature included with it; warranty card etc. Perhaps it is older stock? Swift's current website (2011) doesn't show any Camos for this binocular.

I suggest calling Swift USA. I've talked to the manager there about the Audubon 828 and he was helpful. Phone contact # is at the bottom of the website here:

http://www.swift-sportoptics.com/binoculars_premier.html#ultra

They are in Lakewood, Colorado.

Bob

Last edited:
Is there a date on the packaging? Also check the literature included with it; warranty card etc. Perhaps it is older stock? Swift's current website (2011) doesn't show any Camos for this binocular.

I suggest calling Swift USA. I've talked to the manager there about the Audubon 828 and he was helpful. Phone contact # is at the bottom of the website here:

http://www.swift-sportoptics.com/binoculars_premier.html#ultra

They are in Lakewood, Colorado.

Bob

I did find a date of ©2005 website address listed is no longer valid either.
But I have seen Swift Bino's from many years ago on the web here and there.
So far I have yet to find another Camo pair of these or ref to their availibility.
I might just hafta make a phone call to satisfy my curiosity. |=)|

Thanx for your input just the same!

Last edited:
I just scored these off evilbay and they were NIB....stole em :t:
Swift Ultra Lite 8x42 Mod #929G
For the life of me I have searched EVERYWHERE and have never found reference to these being offered in Mossy Oak Camo!!
Green/Grey and Blue but never Camo....what's the story?
Are the some sort of RARE promo or something?

I emailed Swift about em and no answer!

Anyone here have any clue??
I'm completely perplexed over this one!!

Graphyfotoz,

I wonder who is going to see that leaf and camouflage with my big mitts wrapped around the bin? A flesh colored bin with some black hair on it would blend in better. ;)

Many of these camo bins look so much alike, it makes me wonder if the companies themselves do the design or if there's some design outfit out there that makes the camo coloring for all bin manufacturers?

Camo aside, how do you like the view? Wayne Mones gave the Swift Ultralite roof a good review on Better View Desired.

http://www.betterviewdesired.com/Swift-Ultra-Lite-8x42-Roof-Prism.php

Brock

Those Ultralite models sold poorly when folks were horrified to discover how much heavier they were than the previous Ultralite porro series. The outcry was so great Hop Swift's widow felt it necessary to make a statement claiming that the "lite" designation had always referred to light transmission rather than binocular weight. However Swift devotees felt they'd been duped and the damage was done...

In an attempt to find new markets a small run in camo finish was produced. These became a popular model for smuggling past corrupt customs officials in central America who could not see them among a suitcase of smuggler's camo underwear (on entry to country) or leaves (on exit). This market became saturated in a matter of six weeks and sales plummeted once again.

Brief Disclaimer : the above is complete twaddle.

. It may be that camouflage leatherette is available to buy from suppliers and that any maker could apply this to their binoculars.

If you look at the range of Russian binoculars such as the classic 8 x 30 you can now buy it in a myriad of different versions including I think camouflage.
This is just to increase the sales.

The extra wide-angle 6 x 30, 7 x 35, 8 x 40, and 10 x 50 Russian binoculars are also available in camouflage though the mechanical quality I find is poor.
However, there are very few extra wide-angle binoculars made nowadays..
So they may be worth buying if you really need an extra wide-angle binocular.

I think that you can find camouflage versions in many binoculars even if it was just a trial run.

I would not think that these swift camouflage binoculars are really worth much more than the standard binocular. Except perhaps to a collector who wants one of everything that they can find.

. One of the silliest things I've seen is camouflage binoculars and bright red so-called ruby coatings on the objectives. some binoculars have both options.

I reckon I could pick out these binoculars at 50 yards even if the location meant that the camouflage bodies could not be seen.
But the red objectives are like beacons.

Thanx for all the input Guys!

It just perplexed me as to why I couldn't find these in camo anywhere on the web.
Not that them being camo is a huge deal....personally I like camo when it comes to stalking Birds and keen eyed animals.
Either way the $140 I gave for them a hellova deal that I doubt I'd find again!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back