• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Really Right Stuff lens brackets and plates (1 Viewer)

Duke Leto

Without habitat, there is no wildlife. It's that s
Hi does anyone have any experience with RRS alterative lens mounts with a foot the is compatible with a Wimberley?
I was considering getting the alternative for my 300/4 and 70-200vr so my longer lenses would all mount on the Wimberley head.
Currently I just take a different tripod out with a ball head.

Yes I could buy different lens plates but I like the thought of an all in one unit so nothing to come loose etc.

Thanks in advance

Steve,
Have a look also at Kirk, their stuff is suitable for wimberly and is well made.
I use a mix of wimberly and kirk replacement feet and have no problems.
Please note
a) that there may be a difference in "height" between different manufacturers, and this can have an effect on the fitment of a lens hood when hood is fitted in reverse for storage on the lens.
b) that the foot can fit too close to the lens (ie fingers won't fit between foot and lens)and means that you can't use foot as handle to carry the lens.
regards.

Thanks i will do, thanks for point 2 as the foot is the preferred carrying handle on my 70-200......

I bought a BH-55 ball head earlier this year, and along with a variety of camera and lens plates, i got a foot for my 300 F2.8 vr.
If I ever get another lens that takes it, I will get the appropriate RRS foot as a matter of course, as I think it is a worthwhile investment.
I have had many Manfrotto and Gitzo quick release systems over the years and have found them all to have faults with screws working loose, poor clamps and so on. The RSS system is by far the best I've encountered, superbly designed and engineered.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back