• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (1 Viewer)

Hello again Osprey godmothers and all. I am late this year learning that she is back and well, with camera up and running. Looking forward to this years adventures.

No sign of the male today either I don't think. Maybe tomorrow.

I know its wrong to put human emotions onto wild birds etc but when the old girl is sitting on her nest she looks like she has a one track mind and its to see a male. I think any male would do her LOL.

No sign of the male today either I don't think. Maybe tomorrow.

I know its wrong to put human emotions onto wild birds etc but when the old girl is sitting on her nest she looks like she has a one track mind and its to see a male. I think any male would do her LOL.

Just like a some other females on a Saturday night...! ;)

i dont know new to watching the ospreys..but not sure if it was a B or an 8 on the ring...

Last edited:
Hi,

Marge is sitting making food begging calls, so whoever the male is better be bringing our lady a fish soon.

The one morning I wasn't on line and I miss the action again. Thanks to you guys that were awake.

Ann :egghead::flyaway::flyaway:
The Osprey Godmother

Hi Ann,

Hope you are watching as they have been showing repeats of this morning. A bird landed on the nest backwards at one point, so I assume they were rewinding it!!

They keep zooming in on the green ring with white B on it. That is Homer, isn't it. Can anyone confirm?

Were there three birds at one point? Did anyone else see?

Alison

Hi Alison,

Thanks for the info. I keep missing the action today so hope I am lucky now and see a replay at least.

I wish they showed the time, in a corner so we knew what was live and what was replay. I have just seen Marge on her own again.

Ann :egghead::flyaway::flyaway:
The Osprey Godmother

Hi
I am new today but thought I would tell everyone I was along at Loch of Lowes 2 hours ago and indeed it is Homer and he arrived 9am this morning and indeed they mated It was me that caused the ranger to play the replay this afternoon Homer also caught 2 trout and would not share them with Marge and as you saw she was NOT happy

Elf

Hi
I am new today but thought I would tell everyone I was along at Loch of Lowes 2 hours ago and indeed it is Homer and he arrived 9am this morning and indeed they mated It was me that caused the ranger to play the replay this afternoon Homer also caught 2 trout and would not share them with Marge and as you saw she was NOT happy

Elf

Nice one Elf.Glad to hear Homer is back but he could at least share his supper..!

I'm Cheesing!!!!! Been out all day and this is the best news I've had since, well since Marge flew home on the 20th. I'm so pleased for the LotL. They will deserve a medal by the end of the season. Well done SWT. I look forward to the diary entry.

:):):):):):):):):)

Some idiot is letting off a whole load of fireworks!!! Its been going on for 5 minutes. Marge is clearly agitated and I can hear the water fowl making noises too. I detest fireworks and when I see what they are doing to the old Gal i hate them even more. Some folk need a rocket up their bum!!

Can't stand fireworks either Poor Madge she seems settled now though
She is absolutely beautiful on the HD TV screen at LofL centre Ranger said cos she came over fast from Africa her plummage has not been weathered

Not bad for a bird 23+ eh ?

elf

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back