Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Problems with Bird Songs on an Android

Old Friday 1st March 2019, 19:07   #1
Cyphorhinus

Problems with Bird Songs on an Android

Hi Recording Experts,

I am the (new) owner of a new Android (Wiko Upulse Lite) and have successfully transferred the MP3 Bird Songs of Europe, North … (Andreas Schulze) to the Upulse. But I can’t find the songs. The file ‘Music’ is empty and ‘San Disk’ shows only a pattern of cryptic tiles. It should be possible to arrange the songs alphabetically and to compile a play list from a selection of the songs. But how???? Neither the internet manual - FAQ, internet platforms etc. nor my friends could help me. I want to use a Bluetooth speaker with my phone later. This is not possible with my stone-age Alcatel MP3 Player (which presents the songs in due alphabetical order, though!). I’m sure the solution of my problems is easy - but not for me! Thanks in advance for your help!
Yours
Cyphorhinus
Old Thursday 7th March 2019, 14:18   #2
Vollmeise

Hi Cyphorhinus,

how did You proof your assumption "(...) I am the (new) owner of a new Android (Wiko Upulse Lite) and have successfully transferred the MP3 Bird Songs (...)"?

Furthermore, how exactly did You transfere those mp3 files to your smartphone? Are you sure not just having placed aliases to your phone's memory?

Regards

BTW: Maybe you replace your headline to "Problems with sound file import to an android smartphone"
Old Tuesday 12th March 2019, 08:45   #3
wedejaz
Paukštukas

Hello Cyphorhinus,

Some of the "stock" audio players on android phones are not doing their job properly.
I myself use foobar2000 on my phone. It has good search and helps me out a lot.

While in foobar2000 You can configure what directories You want to add to Your playlist.
For instance I have one folder named "Bird Songs" on my micro SD card with various subfolders for order, genus etc. And while in foobar2000 I select --> Tools --> Media Library --> Music foldrers Add Folder --> External Storage and then find the folder and "Select" --> Rescan.
If the folder does not show, there might be problems with the microSD.

Hope this helps.
Old Tuesday 12th March 2019, 18:25   #4
Cyphorhinus

Hi wedejaz,

thank you very much for your help!
I'm afraid my knowledge about handling smart phones etc. is very limited. Still I'll try to follow your advice.
Meanwhile have I downloaded an app recommended to me, and this makes it possible to compile play lists, but not to use the function 'repeat' and 'shuffle' - which I need in the field.

Regards, and once more many thanks.
Old Tuesday 12th March 2019, 18:48   #5
wedejaz
Paukštukas

There is repeat and shuffle while in playlist:
https://i.imgur.com/T38Rw4O.jpg

As seen in a screenshot with an example. On the left corner.
Shuffle work with the files in one directory. I have single directories for single specie.
That took me a while, but I did it.

Last edited by wedejaz : Tuesday 12th March 2019 at 18:54.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: