• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Steiner 8x30 identification (1 Viewer)

Bramberg

Hi.

Anyone here recognize these Steiners? They are selling for about 90usd second hand. This is the only picture I can get from the seller though. They are listed as Steiner Wildlife Pro 8x30.
Looking at the ridges in the rubber armor makes me a bit puzzled though. I have never seen a Steiner with that armor and I can't seem to find anything online that looks like that. Is it possibly fake?
The ridges in the rubber armor on the Steiners always have the same size and go all the way around the body. The ridges in the armor on this pair stops, or gets smaller on the front. Also looks like there is a CF wheel.
Do you recognize these? Could it be a good purchase?

Attachments

• Steiner what.jpg
    Steiner what.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Hi.

Anyone here recognize these Steiners? They are selling for about 90usd second hand. This is the only picture I can get from the seller though. They are listed as Steiner Wildlife Pro 8x30.
Looking at the ridges in the rubber armor makes me a bit puzzled though. I have never seen a Steiner with that armor and I can't seem to find anything online that looks like that. Is it possibly fake?
The ridges in the rubber armor on the Steiners always have the same size and go all the way around the body. The ridges in the armor on this pair stops, or gets smaller on the front. Also looks like there is a CF wheel.
Do you recognize these? Could it be a good purchase?

Hi,

I have a pair of Wildlife Pro 8x30 CF and these indeed look to be that very model. The funny thing is that they have been photographed upside down which makes them look odd.
If they're in good order (they look ok in the pic) then USD90 is quite the steal. I enjoy mine.

Hi,

I have a pair of Wildlife Pro 8x30 CF and these indeed look to be that very model. The funny thing is that they have been photographed upside down which makes them look odd.
If they're in good order (they look ok in the pic) then USD90 is quite the steal. I enjoy mine.

Oh yes of course. They have photographed them upside down! I never though of that but now I see it. I'm pulling the trigger on these. Hopefully it's a good pair :)

Oh yes of course. They have photographed them upside down! I never though of that but now I see it. I'm pulling the trigger on these. Hopefully it's a good pair :)

Providing everything is in order I think you'll quite like them.
They have an unusual combination of dual and CF but hopefully you'll manage. They work fine with the dual focus both set in the centre 0 position for me then just use the CF as normal.
Quite sharp, pleasing porro view and generally a nice viewing binocular. Not the biggest sweet spot or FOV however but a solid little pair and enjoyable to use and view through.
Hope you enjoy them, I do.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back