• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujifilm HS50 Questions... (1 Viewer)

Rapala

I'm looking at switching from my Fuji S8200 to the HS50 EXR, but before I look more in depth, I'd like to ask you all about some more things in detail.

First of all, how is the video quality? I like to take videos of birds, but the
S8200 has a weird way of focusing that doesn't work very well. Can you use manual focus on video, or only still shots?

I've also seen in reviews that the picture quality decreases the more zoom you have. Any truth to this?

Also, is the manual zoom very smooth? Places I've seen say it's kind of sticky and stiff, whle others disagreed.

The S8200 is also terrible in low light. Is the HS50 any better?

If i have any other questions I'll post them (it seems like I did) but do you have any answers to the ones above? Thanks for all of your help

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back