• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Name that Bird (1 Viewer)

christine

Saw this on Facebook and thought it rather good. I'm not sure if an extended version exists.

Attachments

• 22550003_1500750056645006_7273088031261215401_n.jpg
    22550003_1500750056645006_7273088031261215401_n.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 211
#3 obviously done for Americans. I get Maize Bunting, an American gets Corn Bunting. It ought to be wheat stalks, not maize stalks :t:

#3 obviously done for Americans. I get Maize Bunting, an American gets Corn Bunting. It ought to be wheat stalks, not maize stalks :t:

Bee in your bonnet about something? Perfectly correct for British readership - never been into a standard Tesco or Marks & Sparks in the UK? Or any other shop. Or for a little more class if required, HERE for the very British Royal Horticultural Society.

Last edited:
I only got 5 (maybe 6) of these but #11 is among them.
Probably easier for a native speaker though

11 was tough until you realised the nuts were not eggs or egg shells which threw me for ages.

My Russian wife got all but 7 and 11 and guessed at Corncrake as she didn't know the word 'Bunting' in relation to the flags.

A

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back