• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eye piece removal button (1 Viewer)

minsted

Hi
I recently bought a second hand APO-Televid 82. Very happy with it and all working fine. But this morning I notice a little button on the floor. The eyepiece removal button had fallen out - the little button that allows you to rotate and remove the eyepiece.

Does anyone know how this fits back in ? It has a thread that looks as if it should screw back in but doesn't seem to want to. I am also not sure if I have lost a spring I other small part as it should move in and out. I can't find an exploded diagram of the scope

I will try to post a picture of the part.

Grateful if anyone has had the same problem or knows how this works.
Thanks

Don't know much, but I suppose that there is a spring in place like those of my Zeiss DiaScope. After some years (bought 2011, everything is fine) the removal button is sometimes veeery sticky - but the vario 20-75x is well in place, and will not bechanged… ;-)

I think this is a service-job.

good luck
Manfred

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back