• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Confirmation. Birds near Madrid (1 Viewer)

testoduro

Have I identified them correctly? We're very excited about having an osprey in our back yard down here. Thank you in advance!

1Pescadora.jpg

2Aguilucho lagunero.jpg

3Totovía.jpg

1. Osprey
2. Marsh harrier
3. Woodlark

Last edited:
Osprey for the first. The second I thought looked like a Common buzzard, but the head and bill shape look a better fit for a Pernis to me - perhaps a dark phase juvenile? Third looks like Crested, but wouldn't want to rule out Thekla on the basis of this image.

Doesn’t look like a Common Buzzard to me - both the neck and tail look long - more like Honey Buzzard

#3 The bill looks too short and stubby for Crested pointing to Thekla imo

Last edited:
Doesn’t look like a Common Buzzard to me - both the neck and tail look long - more like Honey Buzzard

Do you think the chest band is just an illusion? Because no color form of Honey Buzzard shows that, so I took that to confirm Common Buzzard (which I would have said anyway based on the overall feeling though).

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back