• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can I digiscope with the scope I have? (1 Viewer)

James Armstrong

Flowerpot Man
Hi Andy and all other digiscopers,

As well as our binos my partner, Geraldine and I use a Nikon Spotting Scope 80A (Angled-body type) with a 27x Nikon Eyepiece. Can this be used for digiscoping and how should we go about it? If not what would you recommend as a good beginning digiscoping set-up? We'd be very grateful for your advice as we'd love to start contributing some pics to the site plus keep some more tangible souvenirs of our birding.

Many thanks

James

James,

Nikon produce a range of attachments especially for their scopes to be connected to (some) of their coolpix cameras. Contact Nikon or one of their authorised dealers who should be able to get a comprehensive brochure and also these fittings for you. I have all of the parts except one, for which I am still waiting, to connect a Coolpix 4500 to the Nikon RAII spotting scope. So far everything else screws together beautifully so when I get the missing part from Nikon, hopefully any day now, I should at last be able to do some serious 'scoping.

Many thanks Geoff! I'll get onto a Nikon dealer asap. Let us know how you get on with your digiscoping when you get sorted.
Best wishes

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back