• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RAVEN - Northway, Glos (1 Viewer)

rosbifs

PutAin STOP
Ukraine
Should I be excited?

Visiting the outlaws, in Northway Tewkesbury, and whilst walking with the kids a Raven flew over 'corring'. Haven't seen one here before but guessed they kicked around 'the forest' so the question is should I be excited.

Heading to Coombe Hill tomorrow - if I don't get draged to the shops!!

Charles

Should I be excited?

Visiting the outlaws, in Northway Tewkesbury, and whilst walking with the kids a Raven flew over 'corring'. Haven't seen one here before but guessed they kicked around 'the forest' so the question is should I be excited.

Heading to Coombe Hill tomorrow - if I don't get draged to the shops!!

Charles

Not sure how long you've been away, but Ravens have been gradually spreading and becoming more common in general in southern England in recent years (though I don't know about specifically round Tewkesbury). They're a frequent sight over much of Bristol and surrounding countryside these days for example. Always a pleasure to see and hear them.

Yup , definately plentiful here in Bristol , seconded. I see them almost every time I go out now , but still get a thrill from seeing them. Saw a pair on Sunday for example , and they were both flying excitedly in the wind. Larry. I get a single bird at the top of a block of flats here in central bristol cronking away...brilliant! Never seen one close up though.

Yes Ravens very common in Gloucestershire now, including to the East of the R. Severn. I also see them nearly every time I go birding in the county.

Cheers, Tony

Left England nine years ago now! I'd rather watch a raptor than a Corvid but if I had to watch a Corvid it would be a Raven!

Get smallish flocks around us of up to 10 birds and I associate them more with hills and mountains. Good to see on the flood plains....

Thank you for responses.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back