• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baby seagull found in a highly trafficated area. Please help (1 Viewer)

wadabang

Hi!

When exiting the train this morning, I came across this baby seagull (alone, fully feathered, unable to fly, no injuries) right next to the main entrance of the train station and it seemed terrified. Within ten minutes, I had to warn atleast five people almost stepping on it so I couldn't leave it alone. Because of seagull mom watching over it, I was afraid to move it to a safer spot as again, I know nothing about birds territory. Right now (5 hours later) its very late and quiet so poor fella is safe but within a few hours this place will be packed and I'm almost certain it will get run over by some guy with a travel bag. Any ideas on what to do? I find it strange that seagull mom is not moving it to a safer spot. Oh yeah, I couldn't seem to locate the nest.

Picture of the baby seagull
A picture of the seagull baby and mom next to the train

I simply cannot sleep because of this guys. Help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi wadabang and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

We have some guidelines for you about baby and injured birds, here. I hope you find them useful.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best option would be to ask the station staff to put up a temporary fence around the chick; give it at least 3 or 4 metres radius of space, if possible.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back