• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lifers this year? (1 Viewer)

The Firecrest said:
So how many have you had?
3 for me so far, Black-throated Diver, Scaup and Laughing Gull.

Ironically, my first one was a Firecrest!

Then: Black Brant, Snow Goose, Black-Eared Kite, Lesser Yellowlegs, American Robin, Willow Tit, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Black-Necked Grebe, and in Bulgaria, Red-Breasted Goose, White-Tailed Eagle, Penduline Tit, Long Legged Buzzard, Eagle Owl, Syrian Woodpecker and Middle Spotted Woodpecker.

No Pacific Diver, though. :-C

Last edited:
Helenelizabeth2 said:
Ironically, my first one was a Firecrest!

You mean coincidentally? (sorry, a pet peeve of mine :hippy:)

3 for me - Lazuli Bunting, Iceland Gull, and American Pipit

Raven, yellow-browed warbler (it was on my local patch - it would have been rude not to...), lesser redpoll, great Northern diver, black-necked grebe, ring-billed gull, knot, spotted redshank.
Happy with that.

'Just' the one so far.....a Shore Lark on Monday 5th February - pleased me though as it's one of the species I would have liked to get on my Life List but didn't honestly expect to. :D

BUT.....my List is on 185 and I'm aiming to reach my 200 by the end of the year.
I've got a few species which I should pick up easily.....Red Kites, Red Grouse, Raven, Avocet etc andthere's a few small brown jobs & warblers which I really MUST concentrate on catching up with this year. ;)

I think I might be getting a biggy lifer this afternoon,the best bit is that a friend has found it in the next village!

..weather doesn't look good though..pffff

Matt

matt green said:
I think I might be getting a biggy lifer this afternoon,the best bit is that a friend has found it in the next village!

..weather doesn't look good though..pffff

Matt

Spotted Redshank
Hen Harrier

matt green said:
Nope, sworn to secrecy!

It's complicated LOL,there might be a picy later

Matt

As I adhere to BOURC rulings then none for me yet this year, although I hope the Pacific Diver will be promoted at some point. Two additions to my Yorkshire list; Black Guillemot and American Robin.

Whilst I'm on I would just like to say that green is my favourite colour, matt is my favourite finish, and my favourite bird is the Goldcrest......

Oh hi Matt. Good luck with your bird by the way. If it's a mega and I haven't seen it please private mail me with directions.

Whatever it is you can't leave us hanging.

Despite having been in three countries, none for me! Only expecting one this spring. Have had a feeder tick though - White-backed Woodpecker ;)

Glaucous Gull. Locals were all excited about black backed gulls, did not go see them, as I had seen them in Iceland. My state list means little to me. I'm still working on the last 10 to 300.

Lawts said:
Oh hi Matt. Good luck with your bird by the way. If it's a mega and I haven't seen it please private mail me with directions.

Whatever it is you can't leave us hanging.

Haha..got it!

Even managed to dodgyscope it,but still complicated :D

You've probably seen oodles of them before anyway,us southerners (southern norfolk that is) have to work a bit harder for our glories ;)

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back