• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley RSPB Reserve, Country Park & Priory Woods (1 Viewer)

richarddavis30

Thought I would start a conversation about Sandwell Valley reserve, country park and priory woods. As stated in the other thread I have had some great support from the volunteers here at the reserve and some help identifying birds from photos from close friends during my start to birding.

I am new to birding and this is my local area to go, I thought it would be nice if any one else who uses this area could help create a list for this year 2013. These are the birds I have managed to see and identify during this year with the help above and my trusty RSPB book.

1 Magpie
2 Crow
3 robin
4 Gold Finch
5 Chaffinch
6 Pied Wagtail
7 coal tit
8 Blue tit
9 Great tit
10 Long tailed tit
11 Wood pigeon
12 Rock Dove
13 starling
14 House sparrow
15 Pheasant
16 wren
17 snipe
18 red wing
19 bull finch
20 siskin
21 Dunnock
22 Jack snipe
23 Green finch
24 Blackbird
25 Fieldfare
26 Mistle thrush
27 Collared dove
28 Cettis Warbler
29 Treecreeper
30 Reed Bunting
31 Jackdaw
32 Kestrel
33 Song Thrush
34 Tree sparrow
35 Willow Tit
36 Chiff Chaff
37 Ring Necked Parakeet
38 Green Woodpecker
39 Jay
40 Buzzard
41 Mallard
42 Mute swan
43 Canada goose
44 Great Crested Grebe
45 Greylag Goose
46 Coot
47 Moorhen
48 Grey Heron
49 Tufted Duck
50 Snipe
51 Herring Gull
52 Black Headed Gull
53 Pochard
54 Lapwing
55 Goosander
56 Wigeon
57 Shoveler
58 Goldeneye
59 Cormorant
60 Teal
61 Lesser Back Blacked Gull
62 Gadwall
63 Oyster Catcher

I am looking forward to others input in updating this list!!

An impressive list Richard. I'm new to this hobby and have visited Sandwell Nature Reserve earlier in the year. My skill in identification is still lacking somewhat but I'm finding the whole Birding experience fascinating. I'm looking forwards to many visits in the coming year as the Reserve is only a 15 mile drive for me.

I'm hoping that my spotting list is able to grow as impressive as yours.

I have to be fair and say a camera is the best piece of equipment I take with me at the moment, it allows identifying the birds at home when you have time and they not moving lol.

Hope to see you there sometime :eat:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back