• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto 055 Carbon Fibre c/w horizontal column (1 Viewer)

Kevin Wade

Spain
On pulling out the central column of this tripod, the sleeve and ring "exploded" into bits. I have all the parts, but there is a small black wedge which I'm unsure as to how or where it fits. The red metal sleeve now slides up too early, i.e. before the central column is fully extended, so guess the black wedge held it in place until the end of the column pulled it up.

Does anyone know of a link to an assembly diagram. I know you can by the sleeve, ring and wedge as a set on the Manfrotto website, but no idea how they fit together.

I did exactly the same thing with mine a few months ago. I got it back together after a bit of trial and error. I attach a picture which hopefully shows how I got the bits back together.

Attachments

• tripod1.jpg
    tripod1.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 75
Thank you both for your replies - I will see if I can put it together. It was just the black plastic wedge I couldn't work out where it fitted - the red sleeve pops up "too early" without it Thanks will let you know how I go.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back