Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Adis Ababa Bole Airport - Birds?

Old Sunday 31st March 2019, 19:30   #1
Andy1979

Adis Ababa Bole Airport - Birds?

I am transiting through Adis on my way to Zimbabwe and arrive at Adis at 6am on 2nd April. We have a 3.5 hr layover. I hope to try and see some birds around the airport (but don’t have time to leave it). Does anyone have any tips?
Old Thursday 25th April 2019, 08:02   #2
darth bangkok

You are back now, sorry I only saw this now.

I've seen speckled pigeon (I think, haven't ticked it), pied crow and some unidentified Hawks while passing through. Probably a starling or 2 fly-by as well.

But 3.5 hours is not long there, transitting is a bit difficult. You won't see much from the terminal. But while taxiing if you keep your eyes open you might see a few birds. Often you need to take a bus to the terminal from the plane so keep your eyes open when going down the stairs from the plane. Seeing anything from the bus is a bit more difficult.

What did you manage to see?
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: