• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Snowy/Kentish Plover split (1 Viewer)

Birders on the Western seaboard of the British Isles please bone up on phenotypical differences between Kentish and Snowy before autumn 2010............

John

Hi, as Farnboro John mentioned in the other thread, the bird that wintered in Lancashire during 1992-1996 may well have been from the US.I was lucky enough to see this bird on numerous occasions during its stay and always thought as did many other observers that it looked particularly short-legged and short-winged for a Kentish.It was well photographed during its stay.I do remember hearing it call on a few occasions, so must dig out my notes.There was also a wintering "Kentish Plover" on the Wirral during 1974/75 which was speculated as being a Snowy.

Cheers,S

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back