• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Worlds best roof prism versus the world's best porro prism binocular! (1 Viewer)

This is all pretty moot anyway, the SE is not easily available and if it was its not competent in all weathers so many like myself will opt for fl, sv etc.

Dennis should be ok in Denver, average annual rainfall 402mm, where I am it 2278mm.

This is all pretty moot anyway, the SE is not easily available and if it was its not competent in all weathers so many like myself will opt for fl, sv etc.

Dennis should be ok in Denver, average annual rainfall 402mm, where I am it 2278mm.

Avg. annual rainfall in Western Oregon ranges from 40" (1016 mm) in the Willamette valley floor to up to as much as 180"-200" ( 4572-5000 mm ) in the coastal and Cascade Mountains.

Just where I live ( Mckenzie river valley) it can range from 45" a year to be over 150" just 40 miles away in the western slope of the Cascade Mountains. And those west slope Mountains is where I do a far bit of hunting in the late fall- which is one of the rainiest seasons.

I have a friend who grew up in western Oregon mountain town and now lives in Colorado ( Denver suburb ) and he says it is a world of difference! In fact when he hunts/ camps he uses just a simple floorless tarp for a cover over head, he says he does not have to use any sort of groundsheet under his pad/ sleeping bag, because the ground is so dry. Here if I use a tarp/ tipi type floorless structure, I cannot imagine for most of the year not using a ground sheet of some sort to prevent the ever present ground water from being a factor.

And this is a main reason why the fantastic SE porro may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back