• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

digiscoping animation (1 Viewer)

dylan

United Kingdom
I've been working on an animation for my website and hoped to get some feedback here (Andy?)

It's another 'what is digiscoping' page but I think I've taken a more visual approach, which will explain the basics to someone who had not heard of digiscoping before (long way of saying it's very simple). 3:)

http://www.digidylan.co.uk/html/technical.htm

Dylan.

Hi Dylan,

Superb animation and nice clear labelling :t:

I'm not a digiscoper at present though I had an attempt with a Kowa 611. It would be worth mentioning in the description boxes the neccessity of a high end scope with high quality glass, ED and the such like. People would be awfully disappointed if they tried it with a standard scope. Likewise the size of the objective lens to let in a bit more light.

Tripod wise, I think most photographers at first at least, pay lip service and purchase any old thing. I know you mention tripods and may be planning on adding a section on them, but again a top quality rock solid one is needed for digiscoping.

Andy could no doubt be of far more assistance.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the suggestions Ian.:t:

I've not spent that much time on the text/descriptions compared to the animation itself. As you say, more details about scope quality does need to be added.
I'll be adding a tripod & balance bar very soon(I ran out of steam)8-P

Amazing stuff Dylan.. god know's why I told you to do me a static gif for my website instead of a flash animation 3:)
I think the basic concept of digiscoping comes across very clearly.. clearer than words could ever manage.

Ian: I'm not sure a non hd scope leads to disappointment in digiscoping, certainly helps but I'm sure most people (especially birders) are realistic enough to have less expectations from a scope considerably cheaper than the high-end ones.

I've seen incredible shots from non hd 77mm+ scopes.... and most of Ann Cook's pics are from a non HD Swarovksi. Take a look at my photoshop page and look at the American Kestrel by Jane Zatta, taken with a cheap Kowa/non Nikon camera and five minutes of very basic work and it looks stunning.
Regards,
Andy B

digiscoping animation

Hi all

I am Richard Ford from Hampshire UK.
I have been Digiscoping for less than a year, but I am defiantly hooked as my bank statements prove. :'D

Just joined this forum and read the last few posts.
I agree Dylan's visual explanation is spot on, nothing better on the web to my knowledge. :t:

On the subject of Digiscoping with the cheaper scopes all the digiscoped images on my site ( http://www.digitalwildlife.co.uk ) are taken though the scope you mention the Kowa TS 611, when I took my first pics I was far from disappointed in fact the complete opposite. Though it soon becomes clear there are better choices of equipment, and I am in the process of upgrading to the AT80 HD.

Regards all

Rich

Cable release

Excellent graphics (but you don't really need me to tell you that!)

The cable release adapter is new to me. Is there an off-the-shelf one that you would recommend for the CP995?

:king:

Glad you liked the anim Richard & Alistair.
The Jessops adaptor is the one I use, Andy has the order code on his site.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back