• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nepal in February (1 Viewer)

Alf King

Has anyone on here birded Nepal independently, but using local guides? I'm interested in the Kosi River and Chitwan areas as well as Kathmandhu. The various web sites that I have been able to locate don't seem to be very operational at the moment.

In particular I would be interested in contacting any companies in Nepal that might be able to organise things for me on the ground.

Thanks in advance,

Alf King

Hi Alf,

I had a very successful trip out to Nepal a couple of winters back and travelled totally independently, visiting all the sites you mention, plus Bardia in the far west. Used public transport throughout, except in the Kathmandu Valley where I rented a motorbike (brilliant fun in Kathmandu traffic if somewhat hairraising!). If motorbikes are not your thing, all the sites can be reached by taxi too, also easy to arrange.

If you send your e-mail by PM, I'll send you a trip report (in a couple of days - n other computer)

Thanks Jos, I'll do that. I've already seen your report on BirdGuides but any additional information would be welcomed.

I'm afraid that I'm not as intrepid (nor maybe as young ) as you so would have an aversion to navigating my way through public transport. My dalliance with motor bikes lasted a few years but ended around 1969 so I think I will keep it that way!

Alf

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back