• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

French Pyrenees Sep 18 (1 Viewer)

dragnil

The glass is half full, but the bottle is empty.
United Kingdom
Seen at about 4000 feet, seems long-winged and I'm very unsure (haven't a clue really!). An ID with reasons why would be appreciated - thanks.

Attachments

• Sep 18_01.jpg
    Sep 18_01.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 182
Another shot - sorry about the awful quality.

Attachments

• Sep 18_02.jpg
    Sep 18_02.jpg
    563.2 KB · Views: 143
Thanks to you both. I thought it a bit too long-winged but I never stop learning on this forum.

How about with bold dark on pale upperwing primaries/coverts?

I would really be grateful for a comment on this bird on my recent thread : https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=367313

David, beautiful to have seen a juvenile HB at that height.

HB cross massively the Pyrenees from mid August to late September, and the second part is mainly the juveniles, typically seen later than adult. You can have hundreds or sometimes thousands per day from the same spot.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back