• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for red dot sight for use with angled scope (1 Viewer)

obelix

Hey all,

I've been browsing these forums and the 'net for an answer to this:
When digiscoping I want my camera to be attached to the lens. Finding the bird is then quite hard (when the camera is not attached I use a method with a tie wrap, but that won't work with camera attached). I'd prefer a red dot sight that can be attached to the hot shoe of the camera, but since my scope is angled I need to be able to change the vertical angle of the red dot sight. I've seen sights that can be attached to the scope itself, but since I always have my cover on my scope I don't think that would work well enough.

So, does anyone know a red dot sight which can be attached to the hot shoe and allows for changing the vertical angle ?

Thanks,
Paul

I'm a bit confused about laser sighting. I fired a green laser sight to align my camera and frightened every bird on the river. Is the red dot out of their visible spectrum?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back