• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bass Pro Oculus 7.0 10x25 (1 Viewer)

nacmancer

I happened to buy one at my local bass pro recently. I know it is essentially the same as the Bushnell legend 10x25 and Alpen wings 10x25 (must be the same chinese manufacturer) except it's only a single barrel with a knurled body focus adjustment.

It's ED, so I take it must be an upscale achromatic element design.

The image quality is fantastic, center resoluton is tack sharp, image is sharp 90% to the edges, with a AFOV of 54 degrees. The twist out eyecup a bit wobbly, but doesn't bother me much.

I installed it on my keychain, I find that I use this little thing very much in the past week, you will use it alot when you always have it on you.

Excellent little spy monocular for $70

Last edited:
I happened to buy one at my local bass pro recently. I know it is essentially the same as the Bushnell legend 10x25 and Alpen wings 10x25 (must be the same chinese manufacturer) except it's only a single barrel with a knurled body focus adjustment.

It's ED, so I take it must be an upscale achromatic element design.

The image quality is fantastic, center resoluton is tack sharp, image is sharp 90% to the edges, with a AFOV of 54 degrees. The twist out eyecup a bit wobbly, but doesn't bother me much.

I installed it on my keychain, I find that I use this little thing very much in the past week, you will use it alot when you always have it on you.

Excellent little spy monocular for $70

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/oculus-70-ed-monocular
Looks good, nice and portable and ED len's too! But don't the eye cups fall off if you have the monocular and keys in your pocket?

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/oculus-70-ed-monocular
Looks good, nice and portable and ED len's too! But don't the eye cups fall off if you have the monocular and keys in your pocket?

Yes, the eyecups do come off easily, but I resorted to carrying the monocular inside the pouch attached to my keychain now, so I dont have to worry about losing the caps.

I also need to add that this monocular also has 15.5mm eye relief, which is quite amazing (I've never seen an 10x optic this small past past 7mm eye relief), even eyeglass users can use this comfortably.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back