• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Iowa (1 Viewer)

jhwinfrey

Stay-at-home Dad
Howdy,
I recently discovered BirdForum after seeing a related post on the Iowa Birds listserv. I recognized a few of the names on here and decided to join. I've been birding for about 10 years, with my lower 48 life list now at 487 species, the most recent addition being White-Winged Crossbill.
I've lived in Missouri, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas, and Iowa, and I've worked as a field ornithologist in those states as well as in North Dakota, Minnesota, Idaho, Florida, Texas, and California.
I have a wife and two young sons who are also interested in birds. My oldest son is 6 and says he wants to be a scientist when he grows up. Among other things, he'll be getting a Project Feederwatch membership for Christmas!
I'm looking forward to my first international birding opportunity, when I travel to Colombia and Mexico for work for a week and a half next year.

Good Birding!

Harley Winfrey

Hi Harley and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

D

Hi Harley,

Welcome to BirdForum from down here in one of your former states. We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation of nature, especially wild birds!

Hello Harley,
And another welcome to the Birdforum. If you enjoy birding in the States, just wait till you see the beauties in Mexico and Colombia! Let us know all about it when you get back.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back