• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildlife Lister (Birds). Any good? (1 Viewer)

I have to say I have used Jack's products from day 1,am now on Wildlife Recorder superb programme.

POP

Sleeper said:
PS What build number are you on Colin?

I have been trying to dowload build 575 but with no success.

Hi Sleeper,

I am using v 2.0.575. I finally managed to download the 575 patch update yesterday after 7 attempts. My system is a Sony Vaio laptop running XP Home with Service Pack 2.

I don't want to be too hard on these guys because the program is very clever and has enormous potential. It was (like many commercial programs) just pushed out too soon before the glitches were sorted. I had some problems originally with BWPi which kept crashing. Microsoft said the problem was with Quicktime Player and the staff at Birdguides (Pete Ellison) sorted this out very quickly in an efficient and friendly manner. I have had exactly the opposite response from Wildlife Computing - rude, arrogant and patronising; they need a lesson in public relations. They (as you stated) say "no-one else has experienced this problem, most of our customers are delighted with the product" etc, etc. This is bullshit (see review on Surfbirds); I have heard from loads of people who have had problems, some of whom have managed to download the program but never used it because it is so cumbersome and unintuitive. As I said previously, the shortcomings in the userguide indicate a lack of attention to detail which may also be a reflection of the quality of the actual programming.

ChrisSearle said:
Oh dear, Just bought Map mate and absolutely could not get my head around it at all sent it back and have been thinking about getting Wildlife Lister instead, now I'm not so sure. Anybody got any reccomendations for idiot proof listing/recording software?

Mapmate is excellent.... read the help files....and all will become clear!

I also have Wildlife Lister.....I don't bother using it.

Otherwise, set up one in MS Access...you can tailor it to your own needs without going too complex.

paj

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back