• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Optics shops?? (1 Viewer)

Ruth Daniel said:
I'm trying to find an optical shop selling a good range of scopes in the Cheshire area,can anybody help?

Ruth

Focalpoint near Warrington, 5 mins off the M56 is very good.
Martin Mere also has InFocus...but they do not stock Leica products.

Frank

Thanks everyone these are very helpful.
I want to look at as many scopes as possible as I'm only buying one so I want it to be the right one!
I've read a lot of reviews and posts here too and am interested in the Kowa 823 and Leica 77 at the moment although have had some bad reports about their after sales service which is a bit off putting??
I'll try them all out on a miserable day and see what feels the best!!
Thanks again,

Ruth Daniel said:
Thanks everyone these are very helpful.
I want to look at as many scopes as possible as I'm only buying one so I want it to be the right one!
I've read a lot of reviews and posts here too and am interested in the Kowa 823 and Leica 77 at the moment although have had some bad reports about their after sales service which is a bit off putting??
I'll try them all out on a miserable day and see what feels the best!!
Thanks again,
The Kowa is quite a bit lighter in weight than the Leica (which an old design now), this could be the main factor in choosing.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back