• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ed's thread (3 Viewers)

Those Leasts are a sumptious light, observation and composition Heaven! Exploding out in an iclonoclastic delight!
This is where you ROCK!!!

Wonderful, wonderful Least Sands Ed, really do like it. It is just great to look at and really keeps the eye moving. As fine a piece as you hve posted here Ed.

Having just seen my first Stone Curlew, nice to see this. Agree the altered piece is the better, a very nice piece in its own right, the sketch is fabulous though...

Long-toes Stints, sorry I mean least sands, are wonderful, Ed. These did remind me so much of the LTS's I 've been watching in China recently!

Russ

shrewd comment by Russ- one of the disciplines I set myself to maintain with the Leasts was to keep their colours slightly muted as in true Least, not treating myself to adding in all the the lovely golden and chestnut fringing of a Long-toed

been back on the Stone Curlew n Swallows passing through: taken Ken's advice and gone with the crayons with some watery paint splooshed atop

Attachments

• q9 550 DSC_3021 copy.jpg
    q9 550 DSC_3021 copy.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 50
shrewd comment by Russ- one of the disciplines I set myself to maintain with the Leasts was to keep their colours slightly muted as in true Least, not treating myself to adding in all the the lovely golden and chestnut fringing of a Long-toed

been back on the Stone Curlew n Swallows passing through: taken Ken's advice and gone with the crayons with some watery paint splooshed atop

Nice! :t:

All the right ingredients brought together and expertly handled to give a fantastic result. It has style, movement, colour, design, great birds and it's a direct response to a personal experience. You can't get much better than that!

I adore the treatment of the row of background trees, masterful!

Mike

Wonderful piece, Ed! Nice to see the swallows here - we are having such a cold, wet spring that the swallows are much fewer in number than normal and I would expect they are having a tough time making a living. The weather pattern is forecast to continue now through the first week of June.

been trying a few swallows myself lately and they are a challenge, what I like about yours is the truly zippy feel you got

hello all- a week with no paint on the move: I feel rather guilty, which is healthy I think...

but I'm still wrestling with how to get a sense of stone curlew (the last effort was a bit too close-up and doe-eyed)

squeezed in a bit more watching today, waiting successfully for the pair and chick to get within same field of view as a fallen birch for background, but haven't quite got a new paint project on the go

meantimes here's a Little Owl doing the boingy thing from today

Attachments

• 550q9littleowlDSC_3071 copy.jpg
    550q9littleowlDSC_3071 copy.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 71
slowly catching up here - what a superb piece the stone curlews and the swallows - the juxtaposition of time standing still and flying past in one picture.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back