• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TSN-EX16S (1 Viewer)

Grando

Kowa are bringing out a version of their 1.6x adaptor for the 883 that's compatible with the 663/TSN 3 series, as well as the 820-series when used alongside the relevant EC1 eyepiece adaptor. Will retail at around £250.

https://www.kowaproducts.com/KowaSystemS-Extender/KowaTSN-EX16S/

They also look as if they're bringing out various "System S' digiscoping accessories compatible with older scopes. Sadly though no 663-compatible version of their wide-angle 25-60x zoom eyepiece...

The 663/664 scopes have been out so long that owa will probably redesign it rather than stick n a new eyepiece and if they do i'll bet the new eyepiece wont fit the new scopes.
Steve

The 663/664 scopes have been out so long that owa will probably redesign it rather than stick n a new eyepiece and if they do i'll bet the new eyepiece wont fit the new scopes.
Steve

Hi,

since Kowa so far has taken much care to stay compatible with just two different series and even some adapters to allow using EPs of one series in others, I would be quite astonished if they did what you propose.

Joachim

Me too. And think they're probably keeping the 25-60x WA zoom as a unique selling point of the 883. But that's fair enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back